Updated Guidelines for the Community Center
Posted on Jun 20th, 2020
Received Saturday, June 20th, 2020
Dear Baywood Residents,
We’ve received numerous inquiries about reopening the Baywood Community Center for full use. Usage of the Baywood Community Center will be limited to the hours of pool operation, 10am-6pm.
Because this is a multi-purpose facility, with a swimming pool, exercise facility and meeting spaces, there are different sets of Phase 2 Recovery Guidelines which overlap, and in some cases conflict with each other.
With the difficulty in separating headcounts of those using the pool exclusively, those exercising or playing cards indoors, or someone just passing through to use the restroom, we will be using a single headcount for the entire facility at 30% of the pool’s maximum capacity, or 90 persons.
Going forward, we will allow all areas of the Baywood Community Center to be used, with restrictions as follows:
- Disclaimer: Your use of this facility may expose you to the COVID-19 virus. Your decision to use the facility is made knowingly and voluntarily by you with full knowledge of this risk. If you decide to use this facility, you are accepting the risks associated with the COVID-19 virus, have read and agree to all of our rules and protocols as they relate to COVID-19 and acknowledge that Tunnell Companies, L.P. and/or Baywood Community is not responsible should you contract the virus.
- Capacity limited to 90 persons at any one time.
- Operating Hours are from 10:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Resident key fobs will only open the front door of the Community Center.
- Please do not enter or exit through the parking lot gate, so that we can keep an accurate headcount.
- Please wear a face covering when you interact with our Attendant, Lifeguards, other staff members, or those from other households.
- Please do not use the facility if you or a household member is sick, ill or has a body temperature above 100.4 F-degrees.
- Please wash your hands often, and cover coughs or sneezes.
- Exercise Room:
- Capacity limited to 3 persons, who shall remain at least six feet apart at all times.
- Shared equipment must be disinfected by the user after each use; cleaning supplies will be made available.
- Indoor exercise groups or classes limited to 10 persons, who shall remain at least six feet apart at all times.
- Kitchen Area must be disinfected by the user after each use; cleaning supplies will be made available.
- Attendants & Lifeguards will no longer close/vacate the facility for cleaning cycles.
- Cleaning Schedule – 4 times per day, at 2-hour intervals:
- Swimming Pool Area – pool handrails, pool edges/coping shall be washed by applying treated pool water with mops/buckets.
- Pool deck furniture - empty tables & chairs shall be cleaned with spray disinfectant & wipes. Personal belongings of guests will not be touched or cleaned around.
- Community Center building – door handles, restrooms, flush handles, faucets, light switches & other touch surfaces will be cleaned with spray disinfectant & wipes.
- Unattended personal belongings, towels, clothes, etc. will be thrown away. Please do not “stake a claim” to preferred tables or chairs by leaving personal belongings, leaving & later returning to the facility.
- Lifeguard Staffing – there is a shortage of certified lifeguards due to COVID-19 restrictions on training facilities, which only lifted last week. While we are in the process of certifying additional Lifeguards, we are utilizing LCARs (Lifeguard Certified Attendant Responders) who are qualified to respond to swimmer emergencies. LCARs are permitted to take short breaks, at their discretion. LCARs are permitted to clear the pool of swimmers, at their discretion, if necessary for them to take their break. Please supervise children who are with you. Please follow instructions that are given by the LCARs.
Thank you for your understanding & cooperation!
- Baywood Community