of many of the activities listed below as well as special events with dates and times.
Bible Study meets on most Thursdays, beginning at 10:00 AM. New members welcome. Contact Sue Eldredge (Free Drop Way).
Card Playing and Gaming Gatherings
- Baywood Bridge League, at the Community Center every Monday, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM. Contact Don Gerberg (Lob Way) or Ed King (Long Spoon Way)
- Canasta Group, at the Community Center every Wednesday, 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM. Contact Karen Summers (Topline Way)
- Hearts Group, at the Community Center every Wednesday, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM. Contact Bill Wilkins (Topline Way)
- Mahjong Group:
- Monday afternoons, at the Baywood Community Center, 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM. Contact Mary Kowalewski, (Putters Dell)
- Tuesday evenings, at the Baywood Community Center, 6:00 PM, Contact Pennie Bartholomew (Mulligan Way)
- Thursday Mornings, at the Baywood Community Center, 10:00 AM, Contact Susan King (Long Spoon Way)
- Pinochle Group, at the Baywood Community Center every Tuesday, 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM. Contact Ed King, (Long Spoon Way)
- Poker Group, at the Community Center every Wednesday, 6:30 PM, Contact Dennis Pagel (Crooked Stick Way)
- Rummikub Group, at the Community Center every Monday, 10:00 AM, Contact Susan King, (Long Spoon Way)
Community Center: Pool, Children's Playground, Exercise Room, and more (Long Spoon Way)
Located just off Green's Way, half-way between the Clubhouse and the Route 23 entrance, adjacent to the second hole. See the FAQ
for more detail on the amenities available at the Community Center and the large number of activities that are conducted there, as well as pool hours (in season).
The Baywood Greens Pro Shop
occasionally organizes special tournaments during the year, and coordinates season-long league formats at Baywood Greens, primarily for residents. Contact Head Pro Tony Hollerback
at the Pro Shop at 947-9800
for complete information for each of the following.
- The Baywood league will take place on Wednesdays with assigned tee-times. League play begins in April and continues into the fall. Format is two-person teams with Stableford scoring.
- The Pro Shop coordinates a Tuesday Evening league two-person, handicapped team format in 9 hole matches with tee times starting at 5:00 PM each week.
Other golfing groups in the area include:
- The Yetter League (formerly the Long Neck Golf Association) is an area-based group that plays throughout the year and has over 100 members, largely from Baywood and its sister Pot-Nets communities. In season, tee times are on Wednesdays with either an 8:00 AM or 9:00 AM shotgun start at a variety of area courses ranging from Dover in the north to Ocean City in the south and to Bridgeville in the west. The league plays off-season as well, with a winter league that plays Monday (a rotating list of courses) and Wednesday (always at Baywood). Baywood residents Bill Daly (Crooked Stick Way) and Don Gerberg (Lob Way) are contacts.
- The Indian River Senior League runs five different area-wide golf groups with several hundred players. Most groups play on Monday and visit courses throughout the area on a rotating basis. You must be a member of the Indian River Senior Center (214 Irons Avenue in Millsboro, 302-934-8839) to be able to join one of these leagues.
- Cigar Club, at Tom Wiker's garage (Tee Dell) the second Monday of every month, weather permitting. 7:00 PM. Contact Bob Thomas (Cleek Way).
- Drop-In Book Club, at the Community Center the second Thursday of every month, beginning at 7:00 PM. The upcoming month's book selection is usually posted on the BHA Calendar in advance. Contact either Sue Baumes (Back Nine Way) or Melissa McLean (Topline Way)
- Flag Gathering, at the Rt 24 entrance Flagpole every Monday morning, 8:20 A.M. – 8:35 A.M. Contact Steve Flynn (Cleek Way).
- Knitting/Crafts, at the Community Center the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month September through May, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM. Contact Sue Walsdorf (Back Nine Way).
- Ladies Luncheon, Baywood Women's Luncheons are open to all residents, family members, house guests and friends. The luncheons typically occur on the third Wednesday of each month, except November & December (the 2nd Wednesday), at various local restaurants. Refer to the Upcoming Events section on the BHA home page for times, locations and any date changes. Contact Dawn Jaicks (Long Iron Way) or Karen Carson (Greens Way).
- Pickle Ball Groups at the Baywood Tennis Court:
- Women's Group - every Wednesday morning, weather permitting, 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM. Beginner through Intermediate recreation play. Contacts: Marti McKinley (Pot Bunker Way), Karen Pillets (Chipper Way), Diane Driscoll (Crooked Stick Way).
- Coed Group - every Thursday & Friday morning, weather permitting, 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM. Contact: Bryan & Dawn Jaicks (Long Iron Way).
- Walkers Group, at the Community Center every Tuesday and Thursday, 8:45 AM. Inside walking to instructional DVDs. Contact Debbie Wilkins (Topline Way) or Betsy Botka (Long Spoon Way).
- Water Aerobics, at the Community Center pool every Monday thru Friday during June through August, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Contact Sharon Horn (Greens Way).
- Women's Exercise - At the Community Center every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:45 AM - 10:00 AM Varies between Pilates, yoga, aerobics and hand weights. Bring mat or towel for convenience. Contact Gail Collins (Dogleg Way).
- Women's Social Hour, at the Community Center usually the Last Thursday of each month except July - August, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Refer to the Upcoming Events section on the BHA home page for times, locations and any date changes. Contact Betsy Botka (Long Spoon Way).
Yoga Class, at the Baywood Community Center every Wednesday, 12:45 PM - 1:45 PM. Contact Ashley DiMeglio (Crooked Stick Way).
Photos on this page courtesy of Christine Gaeckle