as of September, 2019, is available, which includes dates and times.
Bible Study meets on most Thursdays, beginning at 10:00 AM. New members welcome. Contact Sue Eldredge (Free Drop Way).
|Card Playing and Gaming Gatherings
- Baywood Bridge League, at the Community Center every Monday, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM. Contact Don Gerberg (Lob Way) or Ed King (Long Spoon Way)
- Canasta Group, at the Community Center every Wednesday, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Contact Karen Summers (Topline Way)
- Mahjong Group, at the Community Center:
- Thursday mornings, 10:00 AM. Contact Susan King (Long Spoon Way) AND
- Tuesday evenings 6:30 PM. Contact Debbie Reilly (Apron Way)
- Pinochle Group, at the Community Center every Tuesday, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. Contact Don Yetter, (Putters Dell)
- Poker Group, at the Community Center every Wednesday, 6:30 PM. Contact Phil Stefanini (Cleek Way)
- Rummikub Group, at the Community Center every Monday, 10:00 AM, Contact Susan King, 302-945-7249.
|Community Center (Pool, Children's Playground, Exercise Room, and more)
Located on Green's Way, half-way between the Clubhouse and the Route 23 entrance, adjacent to the second hole. See the FAQ
for more detail on the amenities available at the Community Center and the large number of activities that are conducted there, as well as pool hours (in season).
Held in the Community Center the first Thursday of every month, beginning at 7:00 PM. The upcoming month's book selection is usually posted on the BHA Calendar
in advance. Contact any of Sue Baumes (Back Nine Way), Pat Garbisch (Crooked Stick Way), or Melissa McLean (Topline Way)
The Baywood Greens Pro Shop
occasionally organizes special tournaments during the year, and coordinates season-long league formats at Baywood Greens, primarily for residents. Contact Head Pro Tony Hollerback
at the Pro Shop at 947-9800
for complete information for each of the following.
- The Baywood league will take place on Wednesdays with assigned tee-times. League play begins in April and continues into the fall. Format is two-person teams with Stableford scoring.
- The Pro Shop coordinates a Tuesday Evening league two-person, handicapped team format in 9 hole matches with tee times starting at 5:00 PM each week.
Other golfing groups in the area include:
- The Yetter League (formerly the Long Neck Golf Association) is an area-based group that plays throughout the year and has over 100 members, largely from Baywood and its sister Pot-Nets communities. In season, tee times are on Wednesdays with either an 8:00 AM or 9:00 AM shotgun start at a variety of area courses ranging from Dover in the north to Ocean City in the south and to Bridgeville in the west. The league plays off-season as well, with a winter league that plays Monday (a rotating list of courses) and Wednesday (always at Baywood). Baywood residents Bill Daly (Crooked Stick Way) and Don Gerberg (Lob Way) are contacts.
- The Indian River Senior League runs five different area-wide golf groups with several hundred players. Most groups play on Monday and visit courses throughout the area on a rotating basis. You must be a member of the Indian River Senior Center (214 Irons Avenue in Millsboro, 302-934-8839) to be able to join one of these leagues.
- Bocce Ball/Horseshoes, at the courts in Phase 4 (Townhomes) every Tuesday April through October, 11:00 AM. Contact Tony Kowalewski (Approach Way).
- Just Mrs - Monthly get togethers for Baywood widows. Contact Patsy Donahue (Free Drop Way) or Joyce Osik (Approach Way).
- Knitting/Crafts, at the Community Center the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month September through May, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM. Contact Sue Walsdorf (Back Nine Way).
- Ladies Luncheon, Baywood Women's Luncheons are open to all residents, family members, house guests and friends. The luncheons occur on the third Wednesday each month, except November (no luncheon) December (2nd Wednesday), at various local restaurants. Refer to the Upcoming Events section on the BHA home page for times, locations and any date changes. Contact Karen Kehler (Caddies Way)
- Cigar Club, at the Sales Center (back patio) the second Monday of the months April through October, weather permitting. 7:00 PM. Contact Jack Walsdorf (Back Nine Way).
- Pickle Ball, at the Baywood Tennis Court every Friday morning, weather permitting, 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Contact Mike Driscoll (Crooked Stick Way).
- Pot Luck Suppers, at the Community Center the 2nd Thursday of the months January - June, August, October and Saturday of Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Contact Kathi Jensen (Putters Dell).
Trivia or Mingo, at the Community Center the third Thursday of January - May, September - October, and the 4th Thursday in November, 6:00 PM. Contact Steve Chazanoff (Approach Way) or Janice Henning (Caddies Way).
- Walkers Group, at the Community Center every Tuesday and Thursday, 8:45 AM. Inside walking to instructional DVDs. Contact Debbie Wilkins (Topline Way) or Betsy Botka (Long Spoon Way).
- Water Aerobics, at the Community Center pool every Monday and Wednesday during June through August, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Contact Sharon Horn (Greens Way).
- Women's Excercise - At the Community Center every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:45 AM - 10:00 AM Varies between Pilates, yoga, aerobics and hand weights. Bring mat or towel for convenience. Contact Gail Collins (Dogleg Way).
- Women's Social Hour, at the Community Center the last Thursday of each month except June through August and holidays, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM. Contact Betsy Botka (Long Spoon Way) and Debbie Wilkins (Topline Way).
Photos on this page courtesy of Christine Gaeckle